MoP® approaches the management of change projects and programmes from a strategic viewpoint, providing an overview of all change activities including; implications, risks, and impact on business as usual. These workshops delve into portfolio management cycles, practices and techniques, offering participants the opportunity to demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding to work as an informed member of a portfolio office.
The Foundation course is about providing an understanding of:
- The Portfolio Management cycles, practices and techniques and the organisational context within which they operate
- Effective approaches to investment identification, categorisation, prioritisation and selection
- How project and programme success can be enhanced by adopting a Portfolio perspective to delivery
- The opportunity to demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding to work as an informed member of a Portfolio Office or in a range of Portfolio Management roles.
- Review and consolidation of concepts as explored and practice exam questions for the Foundation level certification.
This Practitioner Preparation course builds on the Foundation level certification to provide understanding of how to apply and tailor the MoP® guidance and to analyse portfolio data, documentation and roles in relation to a scenario situation.